Sunday, August 12, 2012



Hello friends, it has been far too long since we have been posting! I am not sure what our excuses are but I assure you we have many!  These are a few recent photos of us here in Olongapo City.  We have been flooding a lot lately so the family above came to live on the land pre labor so as not to have to come from the mountains, and through swollen rivers to get to our clinic.  They have been a wonderful blessing, just doing whatever their hands find to do. 

The day after our clinic was 4ft under water we had an Aeta lady come down and have a baby.  We are so amazed at the resilience of the Filipino people.  We are in the process of building a beautiful new clinic and are aiming to purchase the property over the next 5 years.  It is out of the flood zone and closer to our land where we live.  If any of you would love to assist in the purchase of this property it is about 90,000$.

This next picture is our getto version of a tree house.  It is called plywood in a tree, but the kids love it and that is all that matters!  

The last photo is our old road.  The place were Ayda is standing is where I almost rolled our truck last week.  I had a new cut on my food and did not want to risk infection so as you can see when the water was at the grass it looked harmless and level.  Little did I know the river had a surprise for me!! Two wheels stayed high and the others sank into the hole(about 4ft).  I bailed our the door thinking that the truck would go over.  I quickly called workers from the clinic and pleaded with them to run!! Very quickly we had about 20 guys on the truck and we pushed it into the river then out and down the road 1km to the next air compressor so we could blow out the engine.  I am thankful I live in a community that gathers quickly!!  

As for the interior I am open to suggestions!! Wet moldy seats are now the problem we face.

Still just thankful to have a vehicle!!

Love from the hills,

Jason


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jason so glad the truck didn't roll over!
That's so cool all the guys came a rushing to your calls!
The girls also all look so sweet,miss them....
Dallas